Friday, January 16, 2009

Background

My oldest website HealthNews-NZ has been in existence since Christmas 1996. It developed from a lifetime interest in natural health remedies, born out of 20 years grappling with a health challenge that the medical profession was unable to diagnose. Needless to say, because they could not diagnose it, in their minds it did not exist, and I went through some degrading stuff on occasions, unfortunately.

My family turned to alternative remedies to try to help me, and by the time I was finally diagnosed with a long-term systemic candida infection, I was at my wits’ end. This happened before the medical profession acknowledged the existence of candida, and I shall be forever grateful to a doctor with the insight to think outside the pharmaceutical trap that hamstrings Western medicine.

So when I came to the internet in July 1996 and started playing with websites and HTML, I was inspired to set up a website that would share what I’d learned over the years about wellness and natural health remedies with others.

This blog will be a continuation and an outreach for that site, and it will deal with many topics in the field of natural health and wellness, as it grows. I hope it helps people - with information and encouragement.

Patricia

http://patriciahowitt.com

HealthNews-NZ


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment